Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Signs of spring

The pear trees that line the front porch are awash with white blossoms.  In the back yard the camelia bush below my kitchen window has big pink open blooms so many you can barely see the green leaves of the trees.  It looks like the woods out back are turning green, and the daffodils like the ones along my back fence have opened into yellows and whites everywhere I have travelled in Arkansas.  The air smells fresh and clean and there are birds of all kinds dropping down in huge flocks to eat the old dried seeds of our newly greened front lawn.  I have a strong desire to wash all the bedding in the house and hang it outside on my clothesline.  Mike has been walking as little as possible and on crutches, but I heard him telling Mike2 how to use the tiller for the garden, so maybe we will grow tomatoes again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment