Monday, March 28, 2011

Was it Monday? Or was that a 2nd Sunday in a row?

Today has been a very good day.  Mike is doing unbelievably well.  This morning he took a shower all alone.  Well, not exactly alone, because I was there in case he needed anything.  But he didn't need anything.  After that he got dressed and he and I and Mike 2 went to Hot Springs.  My cousin Sheryl had told me that she saw where Big Lots had a wagon on sale in her Sunday paper and when I looked online, I found the same thing and made plans to go have a look.  Sonny wanted to find a USB microphone because when he talks to his friends online there is a lot of feedback....something about his sound card is built to work its best with a microphone that connects thru USB.

Mike drove.  It was tricky using his crutches to get himself into the car, but he did it and didn't wince or complain of any pain.  And he said that driving was easy enough, not difficult for him at all.  He didn't get out of the car though.  He just stayed listening to a read aloud story on the CD player while Mike and I went into the stores to get the things on our list.  At Big Lots, I liked the wagon and we bought it.  I got some chocolate chip cookies too.  We went to Walmart and looked for the microphone, but they didn't have it.  We did buy a few groceries from there and I got a pre-cooked chicken for lunch.  We tried finding the microphone at Office Depot, but they didn't have a USB microphone either. 

As soon as Mike got home and into the house and we brought in the things we bought, I fixed him lunch.  I had thought he would want to take a nap after all that effort.  But he didn't.  He ate lunch, watched some tv, made some phone calls, got onto his computer and showed me some of the things that are being auctioned on the Texas Unclaimed Money page and has now, still awake, gone back to watching tv.  And I am on my computer.  I think it's my turn to take the nap.  I don't think I will put my wagon together right now.  And I will let the kitchen and laundry kp slide for the time being. zzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment